The global sales level on the Internet is growing rapidly every year.
According to eMarketer company, a specialist in market research, growth in online sales will reach $ 3.5 trillion in five years. eMarketer data also suggests that the proportion of ecommerce was 7% in the current year, and by 2019 it will grow to 12%.
Such a rapid growth encourages business owners to go online in search of gaining more success and prosperity and compare software providers. The first and the most important step on the path to the global network is to choose a platform for future marketplace.
There are many software vendors on the market that provide ecommerce software. Let’s consider the major players in the market taking into account the following parameters:
1. Bidding (selling module). Available model of business to sell or buy the product: fixed price selling, auction, procurement, etc.
2. Languages and currencies. Is multicurrency supported, are there any restrictions on currencies.
3. Payment systems. Which ones are available for integration.
4. Types and categories of goods.
5. Data import and export.
6. Possibility to integrate 3rd party systems.
7. Monetization (which ways are available: transactions commission, roles payment, etc.)
8. Platform scalability.
9. Possibility of changes, alterations, development of customized features.
Thus comparative table shows that most of the solutions on the market offer an out of the box solutions of the software. Such versions of the software can only suit if professional specialists use programming skills who can adapt the system.
Before choosing a software platform it is important to answer basic questions:
– Will you act as the only one seller, or you provide a platform for buyers and sellers meetings?
– What types of selling modules you need? In addition to the simple selling at a fixed price, the auction module will be able to diversify the business and attract much more audience.
– What methods of payment are the most popular in the region that you are targeting to.
– Do you have enough programming skills to refine their own system. If not – choose a ready-made solution, which will be set up directly for you and according to your requirements.
– What ways of monetization are important to you. The more options – the better: you can experiment by trying different.
The best solution – it is a solution that suits the business from the beginning. Therefore, when choosing a software vendor first pay attention to the fact whether there is an opportunity to get a project that without the involvement of additional resources, it’s better to have everything done by one professional top e-commerce software company. Based on a comparative table we see that solution by Merkeleon only can offer such an option. The company does not require to understand the code, offering an unlimited choice of functionality and adaptation to the reality of a business. The company acts as a technology partner, you can rely on, while doing business, advertising and attracting traffic.
More information on Merkeleon solutions is available on page “E-commerce Software Platform”.